Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Arriving in Jerusalem

Hallo everyone.

i had bad luck on the first night. I wrote and published 6 times for this title and lost my work every time. So a bit later, but i will write a bit anyway.

My filght went very well. I left early and arrived at about four in Tel aviv. In Jerusalem I took a hostel at Jaffa Gate in the old city.
I was flabbergasted by all the impressions. I went afcourse immediatly for a walk with my sword on my back. I couldnt really feel what was going on. Mount Zion is a Hill with two graveyards, a foodballfield and a very busy road. I'm not sure if the energy is there cause i didn't feel the space within me to sense it well. But I'm still sure this mountain is important to my 'quest' . A bit further on there is a tomd of King David. This felt really strong, but it's the energy of the people who come there to pray. He was burried somewhere else and this was a convienient place to move his tomb to. The Israeli have a way of doing that. You are not often sure if it's the place they say it is. A lot of churches are rebuilt on their own territory so they can show it to the tourists (and they love to be fooled).
But then i went to the Zion Gate and it touched me. Even though there was a busload full of Japanese tourist making the same picture you see above, it was moving. I realised this was what i came for, even though i still dont know what 'this' is.
A moslim showed me around and became angry when i didnt pay him. He showed me the way to the wall and back to the Hostel. I told him he should have asked money on forehand but he didnt really understand.
On the way the sword caused a lot of attention. People are curious, they often thing it's a cross, or else i tell them it's harmless. People are Ok with it, especially the moslims are showing a lot of interest, but they are more interested in the tourists money anyway. So it's like : WHat do you have on your back, SIR, SIR, SIR.. JUST ONE QUESTION, ARE YOU CARRIEING A KNIFE. No, it's made of wood. OH, DO YOU WANT TO SEE MY SHOP, SIR, LET ME SHOW YOU THE WAY! NO, NO THANKS. SIR< SIR, Germany, Holland? I Ignore them and try not to be irritated.

Thanks for all of your replies so far, if you press comment you can tell me and everyone what you think. Bye

6 comments:

koen said...

Hoi allemaal,

het is niet gelukt om het blog vol te schrijven.

Alles is goed met me en ik beleef een boel goede dingen. De Maalstromen werken hier als een tierelier. En de plekken die ik wile bezoeken hebben e kracht waaarvan ik dacht dat ze die zouden hebben. Sorry dat het via deze weg moet. liefs allemaal,

Koen

Anonymous said...

Hoi Koen,
Fijn dfat je een goede reis hebt gehad en zo te zien had je ook al tijd om in de stad rond te lopen.
Heb je mailtje gehad en Anke heeft gebeld. We waren inderdaad nieuwsgierig.
Veel succes verder en alvast een goede nacht
Liefs, pap

Anonymous said...

Hoi lieverd.

Fijn om je stem gehoord te hebben. Kan niet wachten om meer van je belevenissen te horen. Wat fijn dat de maalstromen zo werken. Geniet maar met volle teugen van alles wat daar is. Hou van je , Anke

Anonymous said...

Hallo Koen
Geweldig dat ik zo op de hoogte ben van wat je meemaakt op deze reis.Het is leuk te merken dat ik door dit weblog nog meer geinteresserd raak in Maalstroom en wat ermee te maken heeft.Tot horens en een goede tijd!
Agnes

Anonymous said...

Hey Koen...I'm so glad you arrived! I'll be anxiously awaiting more details! - Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hi Koen,


Leuk om je trip naar Israel op deze wijze te volgen..!!

Waar SL toch allemaal niet toe leidt..:-)

Houdoe from RL..
Bye/ see you from SL..:-)

PV Villota